This weekend, I went one of my favorite events of the year!! I started the afternoon off right with a Barely Buzzed from Big Cheese which is my favorite and also it was the only one they had left lol. Unfortunately some of my girls left because they couldn’t find parking and then I couldn’t find my other girls because of the overloaded cellphone systems that were not working (another indicator of how packed it was!!). This is the upside to being a native though, within about 15 minutes, I had found some of my peoples. But first I found the dance off randomly going on in the street that I stuck around to watch for a bit:
When I turned the corner after a bit, I came across the #CraftClubHouse. It was a mini-festival curated by DCtoBC and TEAMBBC. I arrived just in time for DJ Spicoli’s set which was awesome as usual. It is really cool seeing him grow as a DJ, he is incredibly talented and is getting noticed which is awesome. You can see him doing is thing for the crowd below!
It’s also nice to see DCtoBC doing big things (two events in one weekend, I can’t keep up with them anymore lol). These guys work hard and I don’t even know all the behind the scenes work they do to pull it off, we just get to see the epic finished events we all flock to (and yeah that’s cheesy pride you hear… it’s just nice to see people I grew up with doing big things and being successful!! It’s pretty awesome).
Some other artists that performed were some local talent:
- Beyond Modern
- Gavin/Nacey Of Nouveau Riche
- Ra The Mc:
- Redline Graffiti:
- Reesa Renee
- Rock Creek Social Club
- Tabi Bonney
- Uptown Xo
- Urban Cartel
Overall it was a pretty awesome mini festival that hopefully becomes a permanent part of the H street festival!!
After the main festivities, I went with some friends to Rock and Roll Hotel which considering that I had not really been doing as much day drinking as the rest meant that I was Sober Sally and got to laugh at everyone.
Here are some of my personal favorite highlights from the evening:
- When we were leaving and my friend decided to try and surf on an equipment box which than crashed into the street and fell over so he took off running and since his phone was dead we lost him.
- Hanging out with all of his drunk friends that I had just met after we lost him, and helping them get food because ordering Popeyes is hard…
- Having said friends also repeatedly apologize because “If i were you, I would think I was retarded and I swear I really am smart, I’m just really drunk – is that a baby, why is there a baby in here at night, oh wait is only 9:30 so I guess it’s okay, wow i’m really drunk really early, sorry we started at noon…”
- Spotting the two drunk girls below on a random deserted corner on my way home: Priceless.
Overall it was a pretty epic day and I can’t wait for next years festival!! Definitely will do some better planning next time though lol.